Notes On A Vacation

I got back from my vacation late last night and after a day of resting up, I thought I would present a write up of a great trip...



States Visited:
Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia



Miles driven:
1823



Interstates and Major Roads Traveled:
I-64, I-75, I-40, I-74, I-77, West Virginia Turnpike and Blue Ridge Parkway.



Tunnels Driven Through: Five.



Cars Seen From the Following States:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Today, while out and about in Louisville I saw New Mexico and Vermont.



Cars Seen From the Following Canadian Provinces:
Ontario



Favorite Vanity Plate:
Spcedu8r (Special Educator).



Most Surprising Vanity Plate:
Budlight (North Carolina).



Lowest Elevation of Trip:
Emerald Isle, North Carolina-Sea Level.



Highest Elevation of Trip:
Mount Mitchell, North Carolina- 6684 feet (Highest Mountain East of the Mississippi River)



Hottest Temperature: 102 in Raleigh, North Carolina.



Coolest Temperature:
68 on top of Mount Mitchell, North Carolina.



Hotels Stayed In:
Two



Swimming Pools Swum In: One



Oceans Seen:
One (Atlantic)



Beaches Visited:
Atlantic Beach, Indian Beach and Emerald Isle, all in North Carolina.



Big Cities Traveled Through or Visited:
Louisville, Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, Knoxville, Tennessee, Asheville, North Carolina, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Greensboro, North Carolina, Durham, North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina, Beckley, West Virginia, Charleston, West Virginia and Huntington, West Virginia.



Favorite City Visited:
Asheville, North Carolina.



Favorite Place Visited: Mount Mitchell, North Carolina.



Things Learned:
I'm content to never see the ocean again and I seriously need to move back to the mountains of Appalachia.



Best Meal: Not Your Mamma's Meat Loaf and Scratch Mac and Cheese at Tupelo Honey Cafe in Asheville, North Carolina.



Worst Meal:
Taco Bell for Lunch in Morehead City, North Carolina.



Best Store or Shop:
Take your pick of dozens in Asheville, North Carolina.



Worst Store or Shop:
Take your pick of dozens of tourist traps at Atlantic Beach, North Carolina.



Things I Loved About North Carolina:
Asheville and the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains. I could seriously live there.



Things I Hated About North Carolina:
The oppressive heat and humidity along the coast. Sand at the beach.

1 comments:

Anonymous | January 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Cobwebs